Alpharetta Personal injury Attorney, Alpharetta Car Accident Lawyer
Fulton County is among the most populated counties in the state of Georgia. It is fascinating that it feels like there are more and more cars on the road every year. Fulton County, Georgia, has an estimated population of 1,038,884 residents. Unfortunately, as the roads become more populated, chances of a car accident or crashes also increase. For example, in 2018 alone, there were an estimated 130 fatalities due to car crashes. More specifically, some of the reasons for these fatalities have been speeding, rollover, roadway departure, crashes involving intersections, and large trucks with 267, 319, 765, 334, and 187 estimates, respectively.
So, the following counties are among the most dangerous intersections in Fulton County, Georgia:
- The junction of Hembree Road and Alpharetta Highway (very close to Wellstar Hospital);
- Flat Shoals Road at Old National Highway;
- Butner Road at Camp Creek Parkway;
- Butner Road at Campbellton Fairburn Road;
- Cascade Road at Fulton Industrial Boulevard.
Interestingly enough, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution (AJC) compiled the same list for Atlanta intersections for 2015, and their list includes the following:
Top 5 metro Atlanta intersections with the most crashes:
- Memorial Drive and N Hairston Road, Stone Mountain: 22 accidents
- East Park Place & Stone Mountain Hwy, Stone Mountain: 20 accidents
- Covington Highway and Panola Rd, Lithonia: 19 accidents
- Cobb Place Blvd. and Earnest Barrett Pkwy, Kennesaw: 18 accidents
- Jimmy Carter Blvd. and Peachtree Industrial Blvd., Norcross: 17 accidents
- The corner of State Bridge Road and Medlock Bridge Road in Johns Creek saw 15 accidents in one month.
Of course, no one wants to get into a car crash intentionally. But here are some things you can do if you ever find yourself in that situation:
When there is a car crash, your first instinct may be not to move your car so that they can investigate it when the police officer gets to the scene. Unfortunately, your instincts are very wrong! But before we go over what is right, you should take as many pictures as you can from the crash scene. More specifically, this includes taking pictures of your car, the other car, the condition of the road, the names of the road, and a picture of the other car’s occupants. Time and time again, we have seen stories change, or after a few weeks or months that go by people’s memories about minor details of a car accident fades. To emphasize, that is why pictures are so important!
Of course, you can take all these actions as long as your safety is guaranteed. Your safety and wellbeing are of the utmost importance! Therefore, do not get out of your car if a crash happens while in the middle of a highway.
Second, you should always move your car to the shoulder, side if you can move your vehicle without a tow truck. Georgia law specifically allows you to do this. Furthermore, you cannot be liable or at fault just because you have moved your car to the shoulder of the road.
Additionally, you should take the following steps next:
- Give your name and address and the registration number of the vehicle you are driving;
- Upon request, provide your driver’s license to the person struck or the driver or occupant of or person attending any vehicle collided with;
- Call 911!
- Call our car accident lawyer at AJ Law Practice! It is free of charge!
No matter what happens, YOU HAVE TO REMAIN AT THE SCENE OF THE CRASH until you have done all of the above. You must take every such stop without obstructing traffic more than is necessary.
Suppose you are in a car accident and you are injured. Contact our Alpharetta personal injury attorney for a free consultation. One of the greatest assets an individual can make is when they are buying a house. Identically, purchasing a car is another. But what does it mean when your newly purchased vehicle is said to be a lemon? A Lemon is slang which means that a product is defective, imperfect, or unsatisfactory.