Five things you should do if you are a victim of any type of assault (sexual or otherwise):
- Contact the police to initiate an investigation. Thus, this will ensure the incident is properly documented in a timely manner;
- Get medical care for your physical and mental injuries;
- Meet with an attorney. In fact, an experienced injury attorney can help you keep the right documentation and aid in the investigation as well as initiate any type of recovery;
- Get a restraining order. For example, your attorney can help you obtain a restraining order against the person who has put you in danger especially if the assailant was someone you know. Hence, this will protect you against future injuries;
- Build a recovery team. More specifically, it takes time to recover and having advocates, therapists and other support professionals in your corner is a vital part of recovery.
Please contact AJ Law Practice if you or someone you know in the Alpharetta area has suffered an injury.